Here's What's in My Dirty Martini

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Political Correctness Has Gone To The Dogs

I’m sure that Chelle B. could do this more justice than I will but we truly have become a world of people that are way too easily offended. Although this next one occurs in Scotland it could just as well be here with the way the liberals turn into invertebrates when it comes to political correctness (okay, it's not just around things PC that they lose their spines).

Muslims in the Scottish district of Tayside are outraged by the appearance of a wide-eyed, 6-week-old puppy on postcards distributed by the local police force, according to the Daily Mail. The offense is over the fact that Muslims consider dogs “ritually unclean”, whatever that means.

The police distributed the card to notify the residents of a new phone number for non-emergency phone calls. They put the dog on it because it is a cute German shepherd puppy that is in training to be a police dog.



So, here we go…

"My concern was that it's not welcomed by all communities, with the dog on the cards," said Dundee councilor Mohammed Asia, according to the report. 'It was probably a waste of resources going to these communities.

'They (the police) should have understood. Since then, the police have explained that it was an oversight on their part, and that if they'd seen it was going to cause upset they wouldn't have done it.'

Councillor Asif, who is a member of the Tayside Joint Police Board, said that the force had a diversity adviser and was generally very aware of such issues.

YGBSM! A diversity adviser??? This is liberal crap. I am all for community outreach but tell me this, who was in Scotland first? The Scots or the Muslims? This fear of possibly offending someone or some group is what got me into blogging. And when I read dung like this article I know that if we don’t come to our senses, we will be seeing more of this in America than we already do.

Perhaps there are those that are offended by the head dress that some Muslims require their women to wear. Do they cry offense when they cannot see what the woman’s hair looks like? I have yet to hear it!

What we should be offended about is that our traditions and culture are under attack by people that come to our country and expect us to give them up to adapt to them. I would never think of moving to another country and expecting them to adapt to me. It’s THEIR country. I am a guest! Or, if I go there to become a citizen then I need to adopt their culture and traditions. It doesn’t mean that I cannot observe my own traditions but I should not be arrogant enough to ask them to change the way they think and act just for me.

Liberals, on the other hand, do everything they can to bend over for every diverse group of people and will gladly give up any tradition or cultural identity for their mantra of multiculturalism. And as I have said before, multiculturalism is the death knell of a society.

I welcome, as most Americans do, all those people from other countries that want to come here legally. But do not come here and expect me (or us) to change our way of life, our culture and our traditions so that you are not offended. You should have known what you were coming into before you came here. And, if you didn’t, feel free to leave.

I am tired of the spineless liberals who are afraid to defend what this country stands for because they live in a state of cultural self-loathing.

I, for one, love this country and the things that have made it the greatest country God every allowed to be created.

Apparently, not all folks feel that way.

Chief Constable John Vine said, 'His incredible world-wide popularity - he has attracted record visitor numbers to our website - led us to believe Rebel could play a starring role in the promotion of our non-emergency number.

'We did not seek advice from the force's diversity adviser prior to publishing and distributing the postcards. That was an oversight and we apologise for any offence caused.' (I left the British spelling in these quotes).

WTF are you apologizing for, constable? Your police force sent out a notice with one your own on it, a police dog in training, and you want to apologize because an immigrant group feels offended? Grow a pair, sir. You provided the public with information that was important to them and they should be grateful.

The puppy got people to look at it…you caught their attention.

Has your diversity adviser approved letting the your police force use the dogs in Muslim neighborhoods? You might want to make sure that you don’t offend anyone in the course of enforcing the law.

What’s next, will we have to give up having dogs as pets?

I am offended that people are so easily offended. Get over it!

A-6Dude

French Martini
1 1/2 parts vodka
1/4 part Chambord® raspberry liqueur
1/4 part fresh pineapple juice
1 twist lemon peel

Add ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake until VERY cold, strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

I couldn't agree with you more. In the name if diversity, people have castrated themselves.

Well. I am not a eunich and I don't give a rat's ass if a dog offends a Muslim. I think I will go out and buy several just so they will be offended. Then when they tell me my dogs offend them I will pull their lips off.

Chuck

Chelle Blögger said...

Ugh. I sat on this one for days, stewing over it. I am actually proud of myself for being so calm about it on my post lol.

I just hope and pray that the Western world and these FOOLS (Fear of Offending LiberalS) wake up and smell the stench of Islamic submission before it is too late. :(

Thanks for the link to my blog. :)

Train Wreck said...

Hello, Found you on Megs blog! Honetly came over, because I just started blogging, and don't see very many men blogers!

So Now that I'm here..
Thank you! Why can't some people see what you and I and so many others see? I am not all knowing when it comes to politics.Some of it does confuse me. However I understand very clearly what is going on! Discrimintion? My fanny! If you choose to move here I agree do it leagally! Don't whine because we are not changing for you. My grandparents came over from England, They became legal! They worked hard and had little. Did they coomplain no, that's just how it was then. Did they cry out for handouts, heck no they just worked harder and were proud to be Americans!THankful for what they had! It's not about hard work & pride anymore. It's about what you can get for (free) when you whine long enough. Cry discrimination, or better yet Profiling! BullHonkey! Get off your lazy hind end, and work to be here, go through the process, of becoming legal. Then tell me how you feel about hand outs! I just don't understand why we are putting up with this crap, it's OUR Country? I got an email one time about "Let's say I break in your house" It it right on. Thanks for letting me vent! Now I think I'll take that Martini!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a liberal and proud of it but I am not tolerant in any way of immigrants who refuse to adapt to the country they have chosen.

Language, customs, culture and traditions of the new country should be a positive part of why people relocate. They have no right to object if they came to a non-muslim country and don't like what they see. Go the hell back where you came from.

I trust this makes me a fully spine'ed liberal who definitely has a pair!!

On the other hand, I do enjoy spending time with "LEGAL" immigrants and having the opportunity to learn about their culture, foods and customs but I will not tolerate having them shoved down my throat. So there.

A-6Dude said...

@Chuck, let me kow what kind of dog you get. MOst of them look meaner and dirtier without lips.

@OB, I knew you would latch on to this one. I also knew you would do it in a more humorous way than I did. That's why I read your blog (in part)....

@Train Wreck, Welcome.I checked out your blog and it is awesome. What kind of camera do you use? I know it's hard work but what a fun life it would be. I will add you to my blog roll.

Yeah, whatever happened to good ol' self-reliance and determination?

@Daniel, be careful with your views on immigration or you may lose your liberal credentials. Although not mine to grant, I do see a spine and a pair. And, AMEN, I love the cultures, foods and customs of those that come here legally. Those cultures added together to give this country our own unique, singular culture.